Monday, June 28, 2010

Welcome to our vision

Dear family of The Fever Chart,

My name is Renana Gal. As my name can tell, I'm not American. As my language shows, English is not my first language. "I come from there," as Mahamud Darwish wrote in his poem, but different from Darwish, I'm not Palestinian. I was lucky to be born as an Ashkenazi Jew- and to be part of a nation that occupied, and still occupies, Darwish's land and people. Did I say Lucky?.. what a tricky term.

Maybe my nation has the power, but our power is functions as a two-edge sword. The two nations, the Israeli and the Palestinian, argues who stab first. I'm not sure it matters. The sad reality now, is that the more we stab each-other, the more we bleed. Luck is not playing a game at the long term. Luck is the thing that just let us pass another day.

What the play depict for us, is the fragility of each side's strength.The Strong peeled off their shields, and the weak wear it instead. But every bit changes this dance of warriors, and we don't know who's beating who- we're ending up tired, and we're letting the metaphysical visions just run through us. By breathing, by singing lullabies, or by blowing a feather. These visions allow us to run away from the facts and statistics that are part of the fever chart... but it is chasing us. And One day we will wake up and face its facts.

Until then, I will collect for you the facts, the stories, the statistics, the lullabies, the photos... I will lay them down for you, and you will build the chart that will wake us all.

Salam,
Shalom,
Peace.
Renana

No comments:

Post a Comment